Next up are the big boys: BCS games, including Big Ten reps Wisconsin and Michigan. It would go a long way for us to pick up a pair of wins in these games, helping erasing some of the bad memories of today and the last few years, honestly. If we don't, then the Big Ten deserves the criticism coming: we just can't win bowl games and particularly not against the SEC. It'll be pretty sad of Purdue, Illinois and State come away as the only victors of the Big Ten bowl season. Let's not.
Rose Bowl: Wisconsin vs. Oregon
Jan. 2, 2012 | 5:00 PM ET | Pasadena, CA | ESPN
- MIKE: Oregon. So many points. I think Oregon wins because their kryptonite is a legit defensive line and Wisco doesn't have one. Plus I am dating Oregon again. It is a love hate thing
- JEFF: Wisconsin. This could just be wishful thinking since I'm watching the Big Ten get dominated once again on New Years. But Wisco and Michigan are the BCS reps so a Badger would go a long way. Power vs. Spread. I love this matchup, should be a game.
Jan. 3, 2012 | 8:30 PM ET | New Orleans, LA | ESPN
- MIKE: Michigan. Um, Go Blue.
- JEFF: Michigan. Semi-coherent thoughts will be posted tomorrow regarding the game. But for now, check out Ryan's Sugar Bowl Preview and complete breakdown of Virginia Tech: backfield, receiving corps, offensive line, defensive front 7, defensive secondary, and specialists. Also, Go Blue.
Jan. 2, 2012 | 8:30 PM ET | Glendale, AZ | ESPN
- MIKE: Stanford. Stanford will run the ball and keep it out of OSU hands. Hopefully I am not wearing pants for this too because I will be at Timmy's place.
- JEFF: Oklahoma State. Against potent offenses like USC and Oregon, Stanford really gives up a lot of yards. Mike's right: they need to keep it out of OSU's hands as much as possible. But I think the 'Boys just outscore them then shakes fist at the BCS gods.
Jan. 4, 2012 | 8:30 PM ET | Miami, FL | ESPN
- MIKE: Clemson. Dana Holgerson is sweet but Sammy Watkins is way more sweet. So sweeter.
- JEFF: Clemson. This is stupid. After last year, it's clear the ACC's and Big East's AQs should always play each other so not to interfere with other conferences. Also, Clemson is legit.
Jan. 9, 2012 | 8:30 PM ET | New Orleans, LA | ESPN
- MIKE: LSU. Bama is good but I think AJ McCarron sucks. That is just how I feel. Plus I will be drunk and yelling out "Honeybadger." He will make something happen.
- JEFF: LSU. I wish OK State was in this game but it is what it is -- still going to be good, despite people stupidly "boycotting" this game. LSU D. Just can't get past that. What's more is that I actually think the Tigers win big.